We are very excited about our Spiritual Emphasis Day on Friday, December 4, beginning at 8 a.m. If you are new to PCA, we reserve one day each semester to focus on spiritual topics…a one-day retreat from school to focus on relationships with Jesus. This year’s theme is REAL–completely planned and executed by our High School Chapel Practicum class. All presentations and events will focus on scriptural descriptions of God’s story and our place in it. To enhance the focus on spiritual matters, we always conduct this event at an off-campus venue; this year’s event will take place at Journey Church (435 Sheila Blvd, Prattville, AL 36066).
We have a number of exciting events in store. In addition to combined times of worship, our students have planned separate presentations for Middle School and JH/HS gatherings. All gatherings will include skits/games, guest speakers, testimonies by students/faculty members and small group discussions.
There are a few logistical details we need to communicate and emphasize.
- We ask that all driving students drive directly to the church, arriving NO EARLIER THAN 7:45. While there is plenty of parking space, we also encourage carpooling.
- If dropping students off at the church is most convenient for you, you may do so NO EARLIER THAN 7:30; there will be no faculty supervision before that time.
- We will provide bus transportation to the church for any student dropped off at PCA. Students riding the buses should arrive at normal time and report to the gym. They will be called to the buses, departing the school at 7:45.
- Bus-riding students will return to PCA at 3:15. Any variation to this because of traffic flow will be communicated to school administration.
- Students must bring their lunch and/or break items, including drinks preferably in a backpack in which they also pack a “paper” Bible.
- NO IPADS OR MACBOOKS!!
- No student will be allowed to leave the church before the day’s activities are complete without prior coordination and with the appropriate school principal.
- Friday will be a casual day for our students. We do ask that no sweat pants or pajama bottoms be worn.
We appreciate your efforts to support this day as we truly believe it is indispensable to our stated mission to “inspire our students to grow spiritually.”
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your principal, or Baron Goins, PCA Spiritual Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.