MacBooks will be issued to returning students in grades 10-12 prior to the start of school. All new students will receive their devices on the first day of school. Parents are not required to be present when devices are issued; however, each of the following must apply in order for your child to receive their device. PCA distributes an 11-inch MacBook Air with non-retina display for all students with the exception of POE, Civil, and EDD engineering students who use a 13-inch MacBook Pro with non-retina display.
- The Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) in the PCA Parent/Student Handbook should be read. Your signature of the Parent/Student Handbook acknowledges your agreement and acceptance of this policy.
- The Assumption of Device Responsibility Contract (ADRC) must be signed and physically turned in at time the student receives their device.
- An appropriate case for protecting your device must be present upon receipt of the device. No device will be issued to any student without the recommended case being present.
- For returning students, all issues and fees from the use of last year’s device must have been taken care of upon the receipt of this year’s device.
MacBook Air Protective Case Criteria
In lieu of mandating backpacks that accommodate MacBook Airs and Pros, we are only mandating cases. Students may carry any backpack of their choosing. Every student must have a case on his or her device at all times. The PCA T.E.K. Team and teachers will conduct random checks and consequences will be given to those students without a case on their computer.
- The case must cover all corners, top and bottom of the computer.
- The case must be a hard material, no cloth or plush covers.
- The case can not be a sleeve. A sleeve can be used in addition to a case, but not a the sole protective cover.
- The case must “snap” on. It cannot be easily removed or slide in and out during normal day-to-day use or while in a backpack.
For questions or concerns, please contact Brigitte McCawley or Laura Ann Scott at 334.285.0077.