MacBooks are issued to students in grades 10-12. Students receive an an 11-inch MacBook Air with non-retina display. New students will receive their devices on the first day of school. Prior to the start of school, please ensure the required steps below are completed.
- The Acceptable Use Policy/Assumption of Device Responsibility Contract must be submitted on the first day of school.
- An appropriate case for protecting the device must also be on at all times.
MacBook Air Protective Case Criteria
In lieu of mandating backpacks that accommodate MacBooks, we are only mandating cases. Students may carry any backpack of their choosing. Every student must have a case on their device at all times. Random checks and consequences will be given to those students without a case on their computer.
- The case must cover all corners, top and bottom of the computer.
- The case must be a hard material, no cloth or plush covers.
- The case can not be a sleeve. A sleeve can be used in addition to a case, but not a the sole protective cover.
- The case must “snap” on. It cannot be easily removed or slide in and out during normal day-to-day use or while in a backpack.
For more information, contact Laura Ann Scott, Technology Director.